In November, we have an opportunity to elect three of the five members of the BOT. This new BOT will hire the next El Camino College President and give direction to the District’s bargaining team in 2022. The election is very important.
Our BOT are elected district by district (see below for maps). There are five districts total and voters in each district elect their Trustee every four years.
Our COPE is diving in the 2020 BOT elections. We are proud to endorse the following candidates and we urge you to consider voting for them this November.
- George Andrew Turner, Jr. (Area 1, Inglewood/Ladera Heights): www.voteforgeorgeturner.org
- Trisha Murakawa (Area 3, N. Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach): trishamurakawa.com
- Nicole Ryan (Area 4, North/East Torrance/ South Hawthorne): www.votenicoleryan.com
*DISCLAIMER: AFT 1388 COPE did not build the candidates’ websites or fund the events associated with their campaigns.
BOT 2020 Election Timeline
- August dedicated to interviewing and selecting candidates
- September dedicated to building out campaign and getting out the vote
- October dedicated to getting out the vote
- November 3, 2020 election
- Ken Brown (term expires 2020, Area 1): firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Beverly, President (term expires 2020, Area 3): email@example.com
- Mary Combs (term expires 2020 Area 4): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nilo Vega Michelin (term expires 2022, Area 2): email@example.com
- Clifford Numark (term expires 2022, Area 5): firstname.lastname@example.org